Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Pleasant Day

Today went quite well, and I was pleasantly surprised by that.

My meeting with the professor went better than expected. He understood my point of view and said that I should be able to take an alternative class in order to fulfill that requirement for my major. I e-mailed the Economics professor who will help me find an alternative and hope to hear back from him tomorrow. After I hear back from him, I have to let the professors coordinating the trip know that I will no longer be traveling. I hope they aren't upset with me for waiting to tell them, but I had to talk with many people in order to make this decision and find an alternative.

My group's presentation on serial killer groupies went quite well. I wasn't as nervous as I usually am giving this presentation and I think it may be because I was in a group. The professor really liked our topic and said it was "ground-breaking." She wants to do a more in-depth research project on the subject and asked us if we wanted to work on it next spring. If I think I can handle doing that in addition to a senior seminar, I may just do it. Since my G.P.A. isn't the best, this could look really good to grad schools.

Tonight I apologized to a former friend for the argument we had two years ago. I told her that at that time I had depression and that was causing my behavior to be what it was. Amanda was quite understanding and we talked for a while. I think we both feel better now..

No comments: