Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Did You See That?!; Dreading Today; Hoping for a Shipping Miracle

Firstly, I just finished watching the Fiesta Bowl between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Boise State Broncos. It was an awesome game. Oklahoma was very heavily favored over Boise. At first Boise was trampling the Sooners, and I pretty much thought they were going to run all over Oklahoma. The Sooners did manage to score many unanswered points to tie the game. With only a minute or so left, the Sooners went ahead by seven, but Boise came back to tie it with a few seconds left on the clock. The game then went into overtime. The Sooners struck first with a running touchdown by Adrian Peterson and made the point after. But then the Broncos came back and scored. They wanted to win the game and be "Cinderella", so they went for the two point conversion. An awesome play fake was called and the runner went in untouched. The final score was: 43-42. If you didn't see it, you should definitely download it from the iTunes Music Store, or watch for it on ESPNU.

On t.v. when they were interviewing a player, he proposed to his girlfriend, the head cheerleader, and she accepted. It was touching, as much as it could be, but the announcer interviewing the player completely ruined the surprise. He announced something to the effect of, "And now we have a proposal..." I know that announcers are paid to speak, but they should know when to keep their mouths shut.

Today I have a lot to accomplish, and it is going to be extremely stressful. I have to wash all of my clothes and pack what I'm not planning to wear today/tomorrow. I have to paint my toenails; Yes, this is important as I bought a new pair of Reef flip flops to wear in Spain. I have to clean my big aquarium, and put some more water in it. Next, I have to set up three 2.5 gallon aquariums for my bettas. I even splurged and bought each one a heater so they can stay nice and warm while I'm away. I think they are a little chilly now and we have yet to see any really cold weather, so I think they'd turn into fishsticles (fish+icicles) if the temperature dropped. I really care about my bettas, but I have to wash out/disinfect three aquariums before I can put water in them, which has made me procrastinate until the last day I am home. I also have to buy a converter at Radio Shack so I can use my battery charger and cell phone charger overseas. I have to buy the rest of the toiletries that I've forgot to purchase. There are other things that I must do today, but I can't think of them at the moment. Hopefully I'll get all of them accomplished with enough time left over for me to relax tonight.

I also could not find a step-down transformer to use with my laptop in Spain. Therefore I had to order a European Dell powercord. The company I ordered from was closed on Monday, so the order should be filled today. I paid $30.00 in shipping charges to get it mid-morning the next day (Wednesday). I'm a little concerned because my mom wants to leave for Richmond by 11 a.m. at the latest. The powercord has got to get here before I leave. It would be so much easier to find things that would work with my laptop overseas if I didn't have a Dell.

No comments: