Monday, January 15, 2007

Another Day of Class; The Return of Wireless; Conversation With a Professor; Interesting Pizza

Today started off like any other day, except I stayed in bed a little longer than normal, and finally got up around 7 a.m. I afforded myself that luxury because today was laundry day, and with the washer running I knew there would be no hot water for my morning shower. I really wish I could have gotten a shower. I absolutely hate to leave the house, whether here or at home, without showering first. As of now, I still haven't taken one because the washer has been running non-stop all day; I think I'll just wait until tomorrow. The European washers are much smaller than the American ones, so trying to wash a week's worth of clothes for four people takes many loads of laundry to complete.

We have wireless internet again! I thought I would die without it. I know that's horrible to say, but it is true. Pepita buys the internet and router just for the students who stay with her; she doesn't have a computer of her own. I hope we have the net for the rest of the month, it is so much easier to communicate with it.

I had another conversation with Prof. Bd tonight. We met at a small cafe to discuss things. I told her that I was considering going home because of stress and feeling fatigued all of the time. She said that since our last conversation, she had been thinking and thought that it would be in my best interest to return home. I told her that I didn't necessarily want to return to the U.S. because I love Spain. It isn't that I'm homesick or physically ill, I just feel mentally and emotionally horrible a lot. I told her how much class was stressing me out. Today I made myself physically ill with the thought of going to class. I had to leave the class halfway through because I thought I was going to be sick, and I felt that a panic attack was forthcoming. She said that she was sure that accommodations could be made that would ease my stress. Prof. Bd was very understanding and compassionate. She was going to discuss things with my professor to see what could be done.

We had pizza today, and it was very interesting to say the least. Pepita made them homemade, and of course there was the usual sauce and cheese put on top; and because we were in Spain, a pork product was necessary as well. I'm not sure whether it was ham, bacon, or sausage, but it tasted fine. The one thing I could not stand about this pizza was the egg. Yes, I said EGG. Pepita cracked a raw egg on top of the unbaked pizza and put the entire thing in the microwave. It was not tasty, and the egg was runny because it wasn't cooked all the way. If it wasn't for the egg, the pizza would've been great. I hope next time she doesn't put the egg on.

No comments: