Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Disappointing Day

Today began with me being late to work, again. According to the clock on the wall at work, it was straight-up 9:00 a.m., which would mean I was on time for once. However, the mood of the other employees made me feel as if I was late, even though someone else arrived after me. I HATE being late anytime, but being late to work kills me. I'm extremely frustrated and disgusted because no matter how early I wake up, and no matter how organized I am the night before, I'm always late. Sometimes I just lose track of time when I'm getting ready in the bathroom, other times traffic is horrible and I just seem to get stopped at every red light in the city. My boss has never said anything to me about my tardiness; she doesn't have to, as her looks and attitude toward me speak volumes. I have two more days of working in the Circuit Court Clerk's Office this break, and I want nothing more than to be EARLY, not on time, but EARLY.

After working all day and being exhausted because I only got three hours of sleep last night, my mom and I drove to Dulles to go shopping for some clothes for me to wear in Spain. We went to my favorite store: Gap. I love Gap clothes. They are classic, well-made, and beautiful. It is the only store where I can find pants that fit me perfectly. Well tonight they had a huge after-Christmas sale, and I mean HUGE. They were selling $60 jeans for $10-$20, and nearly everything else was discounted.

I was extremely disappointed. Out of the 10 pairs of pants and 2 shirts I tried on, only 2 pairs of pants fit, and they were too long, and therefore need to be hemmed before next Wednesday. I have gained more weight. I don't know how or why, but I have. I
MUST lose weight; approximately 50 pounds if I want to be at least satisfied with my figure. I HATE EVERYTHING about myself right now. I hate all of my physical features except for my blue eyes, and naturally curly and blonde hair. Additionally, I hate my personality and my emotions, and some of my impulsive actions. This negative self image does nothing to help me out of this fog of depression. I think that if I was beautiful and skinny, and therefore happy with myself, all of my problems would be solved: I'd be more outgoing and positive, I wouldn't be terrified of public speaking, I'd have more friends and a boyfriend, etc. If I become a size larger I'll either become anorexic/bulimic or I'll kill myself; there is no way I could ever accept my body at that size.

Finally, tonight while I was checking my bank account to see if my Christmas money had gone into savings, I learned I was $42.00 overdraft, that is with the outrageous $34.oo overdraft fee. I was freaking $8.00 over and get slapped with a $34.oo fee; ugh.... I digress. I think I'll have very little spending money for Spain, which is exactly the circumstance I didn't want to be in. It is going to really suck having to worry about every penny I spend over there; especially when I should be concerned with doing well in the class I'm taking and with having a tremendous amount of fun.

I also learned tonight that I'll have to buy a plug adapter and possibly a power converter to allow all of my electronics to work over there. That's fine, because I was already expecting to purchase these items. But on top of that, it appears that I'll have to buy a new power cord for my laptop that will accommodate the 220 volts used in Europe, but Dell doesn't sell those on its website (WTF?). I HAVE to have my laptop over there, or I will be declared mentally insane. I hate to feel as if I'm disconnected from the few friends I have. It is also necessary for me to have it in order to be able to download all of the pictures I take in Spain.

What to do, what to do...?

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Kagemusha said...

You are battling depression? I have for most of my life. If you'd like to talk further you can write at jcr3008@gmail.com