Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Birthday

Today is my 21st birthday.

I've spent the day relaxing and doing whatever I've wanted.

I woke up extremely early, at 6:30 a.m., because I had yet again fallen asleep downstairs in my favorite chair. I watched some of my favorite television shows on BBC America and worked on my laptop trying to organize a lot of my files. I also watched the movie "Cake" on the Lifetime channel, which starred Heather Graham and Taye Diggs. I was pleasantly surprised because it was funny and it kept my attention, unlike many chick flicks.

I'm currently watching "Crime & Punishment" on MSNBC, which is basically real life "Law & Order," while waiting for dinner to be ready. It is a really interesting series. If you like crime dramas such as "Law & Order" and "Justice" I highly recommend this series. I will admit that it is shocking and saddening that these crimes occurred, and it is even more difficult to see pictures of victims and to hear how they departed this earth.

I have received wonderful gifts for my birthday. My mom bought me the prescription sunglasses I've wanted and needed for a long while. Today I received a package from my grandmother and aunt in Pennsylvania. I received $170 from them which I desperately need because I am broke after returning from Spain. They also gave me a beautiful pearl necklace.

I won't get to celebrate too much, if at all, because I have to do laundry and pack so I can return to school tomorrow. Perhaps I'll save the celebration for another weekend, when things aren't so busy.

No comments: