Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Fireworks; Room Situation for Next Year; Procrastination; Returning Next Year?

I got really busy and really upset and really depressed which has delayed me in writing.

Anyway, about the fireworks. Amanda (a girl here at school) and I are no longer friends. It's quite a long story and I may elaborate at a later date. I'm not upset, nor do I really care, about the dissolution of our friendship. I've been less stressed out. I'm no longer worrying about avoiding her or explaining why I've been avoiding her.

I'm kind of worried about who I am going to room with next year. All of my friends have either paired off or want to be Resident Assistants (which will give them their own room). I have briefly investigated getting a single next year. According to the school, it is very rare that they have them, they are based on seniority, and they cost extra. I don't mind paying an additional $500 if I will be living by myself, even if it is in the basement of Mary Branch. I just want to avoid living with someone that I have nothing in common with and can't really relate to. This situation is giving me a lot of stress, because the room lottery is coming up.

I've been doing better on my procrastination. This weekend I really got some homework done. I have a lot of tests, projects, and presentations coming up. All within a month of each other, and it is just really stressfull. Thank goodness the counseling services here are free and the counselors know what they're doing.

I'm still questioning whether or not I want to return here next year. I absolutely love the campus, because it is historic, small, and park-like. The professors are the best. I haven't had one yet that I haven't enjoyed, even if the subject matter was boring or difficult. Some of the professors are absolutely incredible, and totally worth tuition (I just wish more of my tuition was going toward paying their salary). On the other hand, I really don't feel motivated to do all of the assigned work. Miraculously, I made the Dean's List and had a GPA above 3.5 the fall semester, without even really trying. I could have done so much better if I would apply myself, but without motivation that is very difficult to do. I think I might stay here for another year, and see how things go.

No comments: