Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Long, Short Day

In the wee hours of this morning, at 3:30 a.m., I got a call from one of my friends. I wasn't upset at all because I was wide awake and up organizing my photos.

She had a fight with her roommate and didn't want to sleep in the same room with her and asked if she could sleep in my room. I said I didn't mind and she came over. We talked until 4:30 a.m., and then turned the lights off in order to sleep. I could not get to sleep. My friend snored really loud, keeping me awake until 6 a.m. when I became too exhausted to be bothered by noise.

I woke up at 10 a.m. to my alarm going off. I was planning to go back to the Hollywood Cemetery and take some more pictures. I decided to go back to sleep, because my friend was still asleep on my floor. I woke up again at 1:30 p.m. with my friend gone. I couldn't believe I had slept so long.

I got up and got ready and headed to the cemetery a lot later than I had planned on. Regardless, I made it to the cemetery around 3:40 p.m. I found a place to park and walked for a good while, finding a few good subjects to photograph. I then got back in my car and went looking for the tall pyramid structure that is a memorial to the Confederate soldiers. I wasn't successful and decided to leave. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get more photos.

When I got back to school, I told another one of my friends, Sara, about my adventure. She told me that she loved going to that cemetery, and to let her know when I was going back, because she wanted to come. This made me really happy, as I hardly ever have people that want to go out and take pictures.

No comments: