Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Great Day Today; A Generous Donation; Hoping for a Good Day Tomorrow

Today was an extremely good day.

I didn't read the required assignment for one of my classes today. The professor came in and said that we would have until Friday to read it.

After getting off work at 5 p.m., I went to check my mail. I had received a card from my preacher and his wife. As I was walking down the sidewalk, I began to open the card. Inside was a check which I assumed was for five or ten dollars. To my amazement, the check was for $500.00. Yes, FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS! I almost fainted. I'm still not quite sure why they would send me that much money. It isn't my birthday and there's not a major holiday. I am very grateful, but still can't quite believe that they would give me so much money. I plan on putting it in the bank and maybe buying a more professional camera with it.

I am hoping for a good day tomorrow. I don't have Spanish tomorrow morning which is wonderful. After working for two hours, I have to attend the Phi Beta Kappa Freshmen Award Luncheon. I am a little nervous about it. I tried on the clothes I plan on wearing tomorrow, and don't believe they look nice on me. I hope when I put them on tomorrow my opinion will have changed.

No comments: